Friday, March 2, 2012

Dating Identity-Jenn


For this project I think I would like to some how find a way to portray my ideal man or ideal guy that I would date. I have compiled a list of things that I find important when choosing who I want to date, or things that I look for. Examples:
My Ideal Match
Taller than me, Smart, Fit, Gets along with my family and they approve, Motivated, Resourceful, Self-Sufficient, Handy, Can Work on a car, Hard working, Responsible, Kind Hearted, Friendly, Easy to get along with, Funny....
Do's
Try and make me feel good, cares about his appearance as much as I do, Supports me in anything I do, Shares the same interests as me, Pet friendly, Gets excited to see me, Makes me a priority not just an option, Stands up for me, Is respectful to me and others, Cares about my feelings, SAY WHAT YOU MEAN AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY, Knows what is right....
Dont's
Talk about getting with other girls, Pick up girls when your drunk or get other girls numbers, Rough house with me-im not a guy and it hurts when you hit me like i am, DONT LIE TO ME, ignore me when we are around your friends, call me mean names when we argue, be a jerk because you think your words dont hurt or you think your being funny, obsessed with video games-your phone-and facebook, being insecure.....

I kind of want to do a typographical approach to this project, with a play on words. I have a lot of text. Im not sure if I want to create an image out of words, or if i just want to use the text to create an effect to get the point across.
***I have posted an idea of what I want to do. I really like what I have done, but I need feedback. Can you tell by the text color and typeface what I want in a relationship and what I dont or should I make it more clear? Obviously the grey font is what I dont want and the black font is what I do look for or want. Let me know what you guys think!***


After Becca and Prof. Wilber gave me feedback...This is what I have now. Not a lot of changes, But Becca I might take your idea with the Speaking my voice part. Let me see what I can do.

3 comments:

  1. Jenn you're always the first. I swear. I thought I was going to be a true nerd and post the day after but you beat me! Haha, but go with the type approach! I don't really think you need any actual imagery. Maybe go with a quality that's your main do or main don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay thanks! I acutally am uploading something right now to it because i wont be here thursday for feedback. let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's the computer or file or whatever, but the difference in color between the qualities you like and don't like aren't exactly clear. Maybe go with a stronger contrast. Also, I think you could do the same for the type choices.. for example, the qualities you like are in Helvetica and the qualities you don't like are in Garamond. Instead, if you want to use all different font choices, maybe just put them in a grid format to make the composition more consistent. I'd also say make your voice stand out! Like instead of "obsessed with facebook / don't be obsessed with facebook" say, "no facebook whoring 24/7" or something of that sort? Not sure -- but good start! :)

    ReplyDelete