Thursday, March 1, 2012

Project 2 Final - Kathie Trela











The name of this series is I Will Always Be A Strong Polish Woman. It is a series of four 17 inches by 11 inches and one 30 inches by 11 inches poster. The series is telling my story by each poster has a headline and a subtext. The posters go in order from “Time is moving forward. (goodbye childhood)”, “Traditions are changing. (going our separate ways)”, “I am changing. (from a girl to a woman)”, “In my heart (and my soul)”, and the last and most important poster says “I will always be a strong Polish woman. (Zawsze będę silna polska kobieta – direct translation in Polish)”. All of the posters have pictures that I found in my family photo albums and I added filters to them. The typeface of the headline is Bebas and it is set on each photo by numerous layers of blending modes in Photoshop. The main colors are red and white (Polish flag colors), black, and grey. It is a deconstructive series.
My main message is that I am growing up and life is changing. My Polish lifestyle of when I was younger is changing. However, I will always be a strong Polish woman because my Polish heritage will always be a part of me. It will never disappear. It will always be a part of my identity. I am 100% Polish blood and nothing will change that. The first four posters contain photos of me when I was younger. The “I am changing” poster contains four photos of me of different ages. The “In my heart” poster has a close up photo (where my heart is) of a young me wearing a traditional Krakow folk dress. The last poster contains a recent photo of strong Polish woman, including my sister, my mom, my two aunts, and me. The subtext on each poster is intended to give further information regarding the headline.

No comments:

Post a Comment