Thursday, March 1, 2012

RSP Identity Progress

I had a lot of trouble realizing the images I had in my head in finished form, so regrettably I'm not ready to present today. I need to keep working over the weekend, but here are the sketches I've been trying to work with. Totally unfinished and all, but I wanted to show what I'm doing. Basically, my creative process is often violent and unforgiving (I am very hard on myself), and I liken it to war. To make it a series, I'm showing different stages/aspects of war, such as espionage, destruction of creation, show of force, plotting, etc. The reason I decided on this topic for my personal identity is because I feel that my finished work so rarely reflects what went into it, and as a result can feel "fake" to me. I know that realistically you can't always put the creative process on display in every finished piece, but it's still something I struggle to reconcile. Of course, because it's me, I reserve the right to completely scrap everything and show something totally different on Tuesday...






No comments:

Post a Comment