Monday, March 5, 2012

Emily Iammarino - Dating Identity concept


For this project I have 2 different ideas right now.

The first idea has to do with the TV show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. In the show they try to make a dating profile for the character Charlie (who is a janitor with some very strange interests so this would be a humorous approach for this project). So in my project I would bring that dating website page to life, or I would do a 5 piece project where i would create dating profiles for all the members of "the gang." (not sure exactly if there is a set limit for this project or not but if I only have to do one, it would be preferred due to the time frame)

A link to a video that show's them trying to make a dating profile for charlie:

typical layout of a dating profile (would be geometric)



The other idea also has to do with the show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, just less directly. So in one of the episodes the gang finds Charlie's "Dream Book" which is a note book that he draws in that keeps track of his dreams and aspirations. So for my project I would make a dream book about my own dream man. It would almost be like a little kids book (due to the crayon like drawings) but also with an adult twist (due to humorous content). The layout would also be geometric and would look a little (but not entirely) like the book from the show.



The 1st idea definitely has more of what the project outline has described, but the second one is more personal and fun for me so I'm not sure which to go with (if any) at this point in my concept stage of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment