Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dating Identity Mock Ups - Dan Kozerski


My idea for the dating identity stems from the idea of calling cards, which we saw in class.  When thinking about this project a lot, I initially had a tough time coming up with an idea. I wasn't really sure how I wanted to attack it until I started looking over my last project. In doing my last project I digitally traced images of different peoples' heads (Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, and my own). However, because of the aesthetic of my project I had a very hard time deciding which facial features to keep in and which to leave out. Because the image had to be monochromatic the strong three dimensional attributes of a nose didn't quite work out, so I chose to leave all of the noses off. When looking back on this I really thought about my nose and, being that it is big, how big of a piece that was to leave off. Though it didn't work aesthetically, it is a predominant attribute that contributes to who I am. I've never been embarrassed of my large nose, but I do think it's a attribute that I can humorously play off of for this assignment. Because one can never actually see himself/herself in person, I have thought about how people perceive it, more specifically females when thinking about dating. I thought I would address it directly with a calling card, or series of calling cards. Above you'll notice similar traces as in my previous project. I really like the depiction of just my facial structure and hair. Because my nose is not shown I thought I could play off it with the quote, using "nose" in the place of "knows." I know this is very simple right now but I have some ideas of how to make it more dynamic. I'm possibly going to have the face area be cut out and the card actually have a pocket, if that makes sense. Then, there would be an actual picture to pull out, turn around, and slide into place as my face. Below are some sketches to make this more clear. I'm really excited about how this could turn out, I just hope craftsmanship doesn't fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment