Saturday, January 7, 2012

deconstruction


I'm still a little confused as to what deconstruction is. From what I understand in the text, it is taking something apart almost to a primitive level to convey meaning that isn't always there when put together. I feel there are a lot of other examples that also are under the umbrella of deconstruction so to speak, but I can't seem to figure out one final definition for the term.

The Raygun cover seems to fall into this category because of David Carson's thoughts on legibility and the literally meaning behind words and the separate meaning behind the forms each of the letters make in different layouts. It might be a more conceptual example, but I'm drawn to the definition of deconstruction when looking at this image or other work of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment