Sunday, February 26, 2012

BK - Identity

I changed my format drastically. Going to do a large, deconstructive poster. The idea is still somewhat the same but I changed it conceptually. I still have the places where my relatives live written in Korean. I painted and deconstructed a morning glory flower. It's the national flower of Korea. It's a constant in every trip I've made to Korea and seen my relatives. The flower blossoms in the morning and dies at night (how the name came to be). Likewise, most of my memories of my family are very short-lived. In the expanse of my entire life, they are moments. However, I remember these moments very clearly and I long to create more. I'm not extremely close with all of my relatives but I believe family is important, no matter what. 


 

2 comments: