Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Constantine Worst Job


This piece is called "Perfect Lines" by Constantine Pitsilos. It is a geometric design created in Illustrator.

The main thought process behind this piece was to poke fun at a past job I had, my worst job. I worked for a landscaping company over a summer in high school. My boss was terrible. Every week, we alternated what direction we would cut the lawns. One week it would be diagonal, the next it would be horizontal, etc. I remember one day, one of our team had just finished cutting a lawn diagonally when the rest had been done horizontally. To us, no harm was done. The lawn was cut. My boss had a different opinion, and the worker was fired.

After some critique on my piece, I created an illustration of someone mowing a lawn to set the scene and keep the same perspective as the text. I also utilized a color palate that was popular from my deconstructive piece on this illustration. For the texture of the grass, I photographed a stone wall. I feel that the speckle of the wall looks like grass from the view from above. To show the cut grass, I made a few off set paths. This to me gave more dimension.

No comments:

Post a Comment