Sunday, February 12, 2012

BK Project 3

1. My parents are from South Korea – Pyongtaek and Busan. They both grew up on farms in the countryside.
2. Most of my extended family is Buddhist because they live in Korea.. my immediate family and I are Christian (Presbyterian)
3. We celebrate American holidays such as July 4th, Thanksgiving, New Years.. and religious holidays such as Christmas, Easter, etc... we also celebrate our birthdays with dinner and cake, ALWAYS. What's important in my family is time spent together over gifts or money.
4. --
5. Korean American culture -- community, k-town, respect for elders
6. I hang out with people of many races: Korean, Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Bolivian, Philipino, Russian, Irish, etc
7. language and cultural barrier
8. game shows, fashion, nightlife -- soju, makoli, anju, language, humor, online culture, kpop

No comments:

Post a Comment