Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Identity Project-Jenn






I had a really rough time deciding what to do for this project. There are so many things that are a part of my life but are really not that extremely influential to me. Like I stated in my last post, I am German and only attend my Presbyterian church a few times a year. These things are obviously a part of my life, but not enough so that I could actually create an entire project from them. With that said, I finally decided to do my project on Pageantry. This also became a huge issue because I wasnt sure where to take it. I have been competing in pageants for years, but how do I portray that in a graphic design aspect.
I chose to do my layouts a little bit different this time. I had first started out thinking that I was going to do a before/after shots for which I would be able to show a before image of me not in pageants and then an after image of me in pageants. I wanted to show who I am outside of pageantry and then the difference of who I am....and so on. This was extremely hard to make and was on a time crunch due to projects in other classes as well, so I ended up choosing to create something that interests me in school and with my future. When I graduate I would like to find a publication design job doing layouts for magazines. It is something that I really enjoy doing and wanted to incorporate that into this project. So I ended up creating four different layouts of what Magazine covers might entail for me. I did two of me on a everyday/normal basis and then I did two of me on a Pageant based basis. The words surrounding the layout are all relevant to the imagery and to me in some fashion.
I am still not sure if I like any of these, but I was on a time crunch and really needed to push myself to finish the project. I would like to at some point go back in and recreate or keep moving within the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment