Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project 2 research (PL)

Family Ethnicity:
My whole family both my mom's and dad sides are Polish.
Religion:
My family was born and raised Catholic and practice it today. Over the years I have started straying away from Catholicism.
Holiday's:
The main 3 Holiday's were my whole family gets to see and spend time with each other are: Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. A smaller holiday were some of the family meets up is 4th of July.

- When I was younger I was picked on by other kids in grade school because I was Polish, and had a hard time learning a new language (English). Other than that everything has been smooth sailing.

- Today I identify myself with being Polish-American I can say the same for my parents and sister as well.

Today I have many different kinds of friends. I don't have one main group of all polish friends for example. I have friends from different sexes, ethnicities, gender, sexual orientation, religious believes. All of my friends shape me and make me who I am in some shape or form.

For this project I was thinking of doing some sort of deconstructive/ integrative style. To start off in the middle of the piece I'm going to have some sort of outline of a human body. Within that I will make an outline of human veins throughout the whole body. Then comes the fun part, I will start making the main organs in the body from things that I like and make me me. The veins I will make them red and white to symbolize being 100% Polish. For my heart I will make it be 2 car Pistons, because I have a really big hobby for cars, Within the circle of the Pistons I will put the Polish Eagle, just to push my ethnicity. My brain I will try to make it the shape of a car engine with the texture of the human brain. To finally finish the human body off I want to add some sort of speakers or sound board to show my love for music. This will be in the foreground, in the background I will split the page in two and in those 2 parts I will put things that make up my mom and dad, all in some sort of mist that flows into my head. This is to show how they shaped me and how I came to be the person I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment