Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Sanchez Dre - No Identity

UPDATE: 03/01/2012 - I am behind schedule so I will not be able to present today.

Given the nature of the critiques in the past and the size of this class, I see often times we take two full classes to truly get through everyone's things. Unfortunately, I ask that I may present on day 2 - this will give me time to put the rest of it together and provide a print copy. The coloring process has been laborious, but I have an updated Indesign file that is being done as each illustration is finished. Hopefully I can have posted up in full by Friday morning. Apologies in advance, Professor Wilber.

My color scheme for my booklet, although I'll be using tints and shades where necessary of these colors...


Finished Illustrations (Pre Vector).












Just posting my progress so far. After talking to Professor Wilber, I'm scrapping the more abstract look of my early mockups for the more illustrated style of pencil thumbnails. I will be keeping the color scheme, so in a way - my more horizontal early works will function as a type of mood board for me.


I just got sick of my initial layout that felt more like a children's book and didn't like the typefaces I used. After going to the VSA Design tour with the AIGA group the other day, I got more inspired in terms of the layout.


Above is my layout guide and the first 5 illustrations out of 9, done in marker and ink. I have to still vectorize them and then change the inks to a navy or indigo blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment