Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bridget Pasapane- Worst Job ever Final




For my worst job ever project I kept the same theme without the whole process. That being babysitting, although I love babysitting very much and do not hate it by any means, it was the only job that I thought would work well for this assignment. I started out with three direct ideas of what I wanted to do. I started off with child play signs interchangeable with beware of shark signs, bottles of poison integrated with sippy cups and baby bottles, and a deconstructive piece that I have kept the same all the way through. My deconstructive includes images of two mouths. Mind being the bigger one yelling showing all the things I would like to say to the kids I babysit when they ask me with their cute little mouth to help them with their homework, spelling homework in particular. I switched up my other two ideas and decided to do one with birth control pills swapped out for child heads. I got this idea from so many of my friends that always say babysitting is the best form of birth control because it shows you exactly what you do not want in your life. Although I don’t agree with my friends because I love kids and cant wait to have my own, the idea was perfect for this project. The final piece I have is a re construction of a D.A.R.E. poster advertising how babysitting makes me want to do drugs. All together I ended up keeping a similar color pallet which I think ties the three together and I am pretty happy with the final outcome compared to where I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment