Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Geo/paper


In this image I decided to do Geometric and the worst job I choose was North Face. I never worked at North Face but my friend did. She told me stories about her job and while working there during Christmas it was horrible. Each person she worked with had a different reason for slacking off. So I decided why not take the actual logo of North Face and combined the people she worked with. She also explained to me every time she had work peoples moods would upset her and she just wanted to quit. So I also tried to incorrupt that into my Geometric image.


I categorized each person positions and how they acted towards my friend. As you can see there very self explanatory. I tried to bring some humor into this image because she said her job was a joke and she really didn't take it serious. So I gave each box its own personality to represent her co-workers and how they were feeling.


When I first started this Geometric image I used vibrant bright colors to represent the different color North Face jackets. I also went off a mode color scale for example: red/ mad, blue/ sad, pink/ high etc. The feed back I received from my class mates was that it distracted them from the message I was sending. They said not to use so much colors and just go with a more simple color scale. I also should just stick to the trade mark North Face jackets. For example black,gray and white. When I change the colors it was my pleasing to the eye and you can see that you don’t get desecrated from all the bright colors. I would have to agree after I correct them it was a much clearer message. I’m happy with the colors I choose but still tried to keep it humorous.

No comments:

Post a Comment